Dear Reader

Thanks for stopping by. Really.
I appreciate that you're taking
time to read this, even though
you read that other guy's blog
first. He's a hack, frankly,
and I'm sure you only go
to his site because he
was a high school friend,
or you owe him money, or whatever.
But the fact is, I'm not perfect
either. I mean I'm O.K. but
eventually, I'm going to disappoint
you. Maybe even piss you off.
You'll read a poem and think:
"My nephew Joey burping
the alphabet sounds more
poetic than that crap."
You might read a poem you assume
is about you, but wonder: "my eyes
flash like two silver trout
twinkling in the moonlight?"
Worse, at the end of that poem
you'll realize it was really about
that other girlfriend I had
a long time ago -- the one who
"smelled like fresh roses
after a rainfall."
And, honestly, none of these
are truly about you, not even
the one about "drinking Tulip-colored
tea on the shore of the Milky Way" --
especially not that one.
But look, that doesn't mean
I don't want you to keep reading.
Just don't expect me to impress
you all the time, because, frankly,
that's too much responsibility.
That's it, I guess, and I hope you
come back soon. Oh, and if you don't
mind, don't tell that other "poet"
about the "hack" comment, O.K?

No comments:

 
page counter
HTML Hit Counter